The first bilingual (English/Portuguese) webinar for the Climate Change Research took place on 4th May after school. Fronted by Chris Jones from the Met Office and Lincoln Alves from the INPE, ten secondary schools from the UK met their Brazilian counterparts, supported by the British Council and the Baluarta Cultura and learned about the impact climate change has had so far on the Brazilian population, the economy and the various ecosystems.
Aspire also linked up with our Brazilian partner school on 9th May and started correspondence and the sharing of scientific data.
The UK schools in this pilot project are:
- USP College, Berkshire
- City of London Academy, Shoreditch Park
- Haberdashers Girls School, Borehamwood
- Worthing High School, West Sussex
- Ribston High School, Cheltenham
- Woodbridge High School, Woodford, East London
- St Joseph's college, Reading
- Woodfarm High school, Glasgow
- Blackpool Aspire Academy
Thank you to Mr Tock and Miss Stevenson and our Eco-council Year 8 students Ruby T, Daniel E, Danny W and Harley H for taking the time during their evening to be with us.