SCHOOL NURSE DROP IN - every Tuesday 13:20 -14:00 in Room A8a.
Feel free to drop in and talk about:
- Healthy eating
- Healthy lifestyle
- Weight issues
- Emotional issues – stress, anxiety
- Health issues
- Sexual health
- Or anything you want to talk about.
The School Nurse for Blackpool Aspire Academy is: Anne Squire
- School Nurses are qualified nurses who also have a Post Graduate Degree in Public Health. They promote the health and well-being of school age children, their families and the school community.
- They deliver a range of health promotion sessions in School that are age appropriate – including PSHE lessons, health events and health campaigns.
- The School Nurse has a weekly drop in – details as above.
- Students may also be offered appointments in school to see the School Nurse.
- The School Nursing Service is a confidential service available to all students.
- Nurses are guided by the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct and are under no obligation to inform Teachers, Parents or Carers of issues arising from consultations.
- Young people are always encouraged to talk to their parents or carers about issues that are troubling them.
- However there may be times when the School Nurse needs to share information, following safeguarding procedures, if the Nurse thinks that the young person may be at risk of significant harm.
- Students may also be signposted to other services.
The School Nurse can be contacted at Whitegate Health Centre - Telephone 01253 953271.