Academy Council & Register of Business Interests
As a member of the Fylde Coast Academy Trust (FCAT) the structure of the Academy Council and its responsibilities are set out in the FCAT Scheme of Delegation.
The Academy Council plays a vital role in the governance and accountability of Blackpool Aspire Academy; its responsibilities include:
- Support the vision and direction of FCAT
- Set and review the vision and direction for Blackpool Aspire Academy within the framework of FCAT’s vision
- Approval of Blackpool Aspire Academy budget
- Oversee financial monitoring of Blackpool Aspire Academy
- Hold the Blackpool Aspire Academy Principal to account for standards and report annually to the Directors
- Act as a critical friend to Blackpool Aspire Academy Headteacher
- Approval of capital programmes before submission to the Board of Directors
The Academy Council is not responsible for the operational and day to day management of Blackpool Aspire Academy, this is the remit of the Headteacher who reports to the Chief Executive.
The Academy Council is made up of people who want to make a positive contribution to your child's education - below you will find some background information on our Academy Council members and records of all their meetings.
Jill Gray (Chair)
Richard Graham (FCAT)
Jenny Campbell (FCAT)
Paul Marsden (FCAT)
Sarah Matthews (Staff)
Chris Westhead (Staff)
Emma Newton (Parent)
Mica Goldstone (Parent)
John Woods (Headteacher)
Chris Lickiss (Executive Headteacher)
The address of the chair is care of the school - Blackpool Aspire Academy, Blackpool Old Road , Blackpool, Lancashire , FY3 7LS
Governors are advised to include interests of both themselves and any member of their immediate family (including partners).
Governors have read the guidelines regarding Register of Pecuniary or Business Interests and declared whether or not they have
any interests that may conflict with their duties as a Governor on Aspire Academy Council or as a Governor within Fylde Coast
Academy Trust and its other academies.